If you wish to speak to the doctor personally, please phone and if the doctor is unavailable you will be asked to leave a message. Please note that the reception staff are, for the most part, not medically qualified and are unable to give advice over the phone.
Alternatively, you may wish to call the NHS helpline on 111 or visit https://111.nhs.uk/.
Obtain Information or Advice?
NHS 111 operates a 24-hour nurse advice and health information service, providing confidential information on:
- What to do if you or your family are feeling ill
- Particular health conditions
- Local healthcare services, such as doctors, dentists or late night pharmacies
- Self-help and support organisations
- Simply dial 111 24/7 or visit https://111.nhs.uk/. Calls are free whether from landline or mobile telephones.
You can also obtain advice or information from Health Watch. Call their office at CCG by dialling 0300 012 0122 or visit their website at www.healthwatchwestsussex.co.uk