Back to News
Changes to our Appointment System following Coronavirus
Posted on 3 Apr 2020
Coronavirus Information Update
Ship Street Surgery
This guidance will be updated alongside government guidance so is likely to change in the coming weeks.
The guidance has now changed for the Coronavirus. Anyone with a new continuous cough or high temperature should self-isolate for 14 days from the onset of symptoms (7 days if you live alone). The entire household should self-isolate.
You do not need to discuss this with the GP surgery or 111 unless your symptoms deteriorated. In that case please contact 111.
Please find official guidance here:
Changes to Appointments at the Practice
In line with national advice, we are trying to reduce footfall in the practice this helps prevent the spread of the virus. This benefits staff and patients. The following changes have been implemented to keep our patients safe.
- All GP appointments will now take place via telephone; please do not attend the practice if you have a pre-booked appointment. The Clinician will call you and if you need to be seen they will arrange a time and place for you to attend.
- All online booking of appointments has been suspended.
- Nursing appointments will be changing, we will be ceasing the following procedures for the time being; spirometry, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, coils, hormonal contraceptive implants, minor operations and routine annual blood tests for those who are well.
- Nursing appointments will continue at this time for; all wound management, stitch removal, INR clinics, vitamin B12 injections, zoladex injections, densoumab injections, child immunisations, baby checks, and clinically indicated urgent blood tests for those undergoing treatment for serious conditions.
- Asthma, Diabetes and COPD reviews will be conducted over the telephone with patients.
Further advice and guidance is available on the NHS website here:
Please be patient with us during this very difficult period, by working together and following the available guidance we will get through this.