- All GP appointments will now take place via telephone; please do not attend the practice if you have a pre-booked appointment. The Clinician will call you and if you need to be seen they will arrange a time and place for you to attend.
- All online booking of appointments has been suspended.
- Nursing appointments will be changing, we will be ceasing the following procedures for the time being; spirometry, ambulatory blood pressure monitoring, coils, hormonal contraceptive implants, minor operations and routine annual blood tests for those who are well.
- Nursing appointments will continue at this time for; all wound management, stitch removal, INR clinics, vitamin B12 injections, zoladex injections, densoumab injections, child immunisations, baby checks, and clinically indicated urgent blood tests for those undergoing treatment for serious conditions.
- Asthma, Diabetes and COPD reviews will be conducted over the telephone with patients. Please note we do not currently have any asthma or COPD packs.
- Repeat Prescriptions will take longer than 3 days to process. Please take this into account when ordering.
Please click here to our read our full statement.
Please click here for guidance on ordering repeat prescriptions.
Please click here for further advice on self-isolation.
Please click here for guidance regarding Holiday Cancellation Letters.
We are currently receiving a huge amount of enquiries about the following, we are unable to reply to all patients individually with queries and have therefore have listed below general answers to the most asked questions. Please bear in mind that advice is changing daily and the best place to keep up to date is to watch the news and look at government advice on websites.
Prescription Requests are currently taking 5-6 days to process.
Please do not ring or email the surgery to chase progress of these unless needed urgently as this in turn delays the turn around time for processing and blocks phone lines.
Please DO NOT come to the surgery to order prescriptions. If you have access to a computer, tablet or smart phone please sign up for online services by contacting the Administration Department by email and they will contact you to set this up. If you do not have the relevant technology do you have a family member that could do this on your behalf please ring the Administration Department and they will set that up for you.
Please do not ask where your script has been sent – if you have online services you can now track you prescription on there.
We cannot arrange delivery of prescriptions – you will need to contact your pharmacy about this.
Please advise which pharmacy you would like your prescription sent to. No prescriptions can be collected from the surgery.
Emergency Packs for Asthma/COPD Patients
Rescue packs will only be prescribed to those in the extremely high risk groups - ie have been advised to self isolate for 12 weeks. If they have not been advised to do this then they will not be getting a rescue pack to ensure supplies to those who need them.
See advice here re who falls into these groups: https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/coronavirus-covid-19/#Shielding
Patients who have had rescue packs before can have a repeat one.
Those who are requesting one will only be given one if they have required steroids 2 x in the last 12 months
Please do not call the surgery to see if you are on this list- letters and texts will be sent out to vulnerable patients from today onwards advising them to self isolate for 12 weeks.
Local groups of volunteers are setting themselves up to assist the isolated. Church Groups are supporting their parishioners. There is also a multi-business and Age UK and Town Council helpline from Monday 23 March for anyone who is self isolating and needs help with groceries or even a meal to be delivered. This hotline is Monday – Saturday 01342 323636 (press 1).
We are really sorry but the surgery is not able to accept new patients. If you are finding it difficult to find a GP in the town, please contact Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG on 07876 843 178 or 07407 024 498 or email email@example.com who will help you.
Introducing Modality Partnership
We are pleased to share that we will be doing with other local GP practices to form the Mid-Sussex division of a national GP group called the Modality Partnership. This will take effect from 1 April 2019.
The local practices that have decided to come together includes Crawley Down Health Centre, Judges Close Surgery, Park View Health Partnership and Ship Street Surgery.
Modality Partnership share our vision and commitment to NHS values and to provide high quality services to our patients.
If you would like to know more, please click here for our Frequently Asked Questions document. It is also available in the waiting room area or just ask one of our reception staff. You are also welcome to speak with or leave a message for the Practice Manager.
Our extended hours will be changing from the 1st April
MJOG. – Patient Messaging Service
MJog Messenger is a free app for patients allowing quick and easy two-way communications with their Practice.
The familiar user interface means patients will be able to use the app straight out of the box, providing patients with a convenient way to manage appointments, be alerted about services and receive reminders from their surgery. PIN authentication can be enabled to grant peace of mind for your patient.
- No cost for Patients to use the MJog Messenger App – it is free to download with no message costs.
- Simple to use app – MJog Messenger is self-explanatory with clear details including links and buttons to complete app interactions – familiar and recognisable styling.
- More informative messages for Patients, compared to SMS, with styled text and images allowing for clear and branded Practice communications.
- Convenient communications – app provides a straightforward view of documents including pdfs and letters the practice sends via the app which is delivered to one device (accessible across multiple).
- Easy access – it’s a simple process to cancel appointments in ‘one click’, provide feedback to Family, Friends Test, or complete patient surveys.
- Informative, relevant and efficient communications received – letter, pictures, links etc. all contained in one message.
- Provides quick access to Google Maps, Facebook and other apps so patients can stay in touch with your Practice.
- Building greater online engagement with patients.
We are sorry if you have had to wait for a routine appointment.
Ship Street Surgery is working very hard for its 11,759 patients
In the last 6 months we have:
- Provided 27,070 appointments
- Received & made 63,395 telephone calls.
- Done 951 Home visits
- Taken 2574 blood samples
- Dealt with 11532 blood results.
- Made 2382 referrals
- Dealt with 70,200 requests for a prescription
- Actioned 21600 clinical letters
- 891 people did not attend their appointment’s
- 175 hours of time was wasted during missed appointments
Please be patient with our staff we are working hard to look after you.
UK General Practice and the NHS is under huge pressure with an increasing workload please use the NHS wisely.
The surgery will be closed from 12.30 on the following days to give the doctors and staff the opportunity to attend learning events organised by the Clinical Commissioning Group.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and emergency cover will be provided by the out of hours provider.
Dr Stephanie Cook
Dr Elinor Flatman
Dr Adam Cutts
Dr Hannah Weston-Simons
Dr Sonali Desai
Dr Anna McGloin
Dr Bukola Oriola
||7.00am - 6.30pm
||Dr Flatman is the early GP
||8.00am - 8.00pm
||Dr Cook is the late GP
||7.00am - 6.30pm
||Dr Flatman is the early GP
||8.00am - 6.30pm
||8.00am - 6.30pm
We offer extended hours appointments on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Please telephone to confirm times.
In the interest of both parties all the phone calls in and out of the surgery are recorded
Parking at the surgery is limited and is available only for those patients attending the surgery. Please allow sufficient time to park before your appointment. Please remove your vehicle as soon as your consultation is over. Do not occupy the parking spaces at other times as doing so may prevent their use by the elderly or disabled.
Patient services are provided at ground level and there is wheelchair access to all the consulting and treatment rooms. We also have a specially equipped WC for disabled patient use.
This website has been designed to tell you about the practice and the services that we offer. Please read it carefully. We trust that you will find it helpful and informative.